Saturday, July 25, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

Hey Everyone!!! It feels like forever since I posted a blog!!! Alot has been going on, where shall I start?!?!

1. The organizer of Scrap Happy stepped down. No one in our group wanted to become organizer and so.....I made it official & now I'm the organizer!!! Yea!!!!

2. Was trying to get the whole organizer thing down, it took me forever. But I managed!

3. Coming up with events, new ideas for the group, & working on projects has gotten me in work overload.

As you can see in the photo:

I haven't even started on organizing my scrapping area!!! It looks like a hurricane went through my little alcove. That will be my next project.

Last week Sunday I hosted a Christmas Swap meetup. It was a good event though there were only 5 people who've participated. I was hoping for more, though it's better than only just 2 people. I got to meet other people that were in our group. Not like I don't like the usual members, it's just nice to see new faces especially from the group.

Here's one of the cards that I did:

This is one of the many stamps I brought up from Hawaii. On the top it says, "Mele Kalikimaka." In Hawaiian it means, Merry Christmas. I bought this stamp from a stamp expo that's held every 3-4 months. The company's name is Mari and Me. This is their link: http://mariandme.com/










Here's the finishing project!!! I found this card idea on youtube. Yes, I was bored at work and stumbled on a card tutorial. Another stamp from home is the hibiscus. I bought that from Taj Clubhouse. It's a little gift shop that also specializes in rubber stamping/card making.






I'll be posting photos of the card swap very soon. Right now...I'm kinda on a deadline for one of my scrap challenges. You'll see the end result in my next blog. Hopefully it won't take me 3 weeks to post another entry!!! Till then, see ya soon!!!

1 comment:

Rina said...

Aloha Rina, just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself =0)...I'm Rina too. I noticed your name on Pineapple Coves guest book and thought I'd come over and say hello. I don't run into too many Rinas. Especially in blogland. Nice to hear you are from Hawaii.

Well have a very blessed weekend. Aloha and God bless~